Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Q & A with a Librarian: Pang Kou Yang

Hometown:  St. Paul

Position:  Evening & Weekend Reference Librarian


How did you end up working at CSP?
I'm an alum!  I was a student worker while I went to school here so it made a lot of sense to come back and take the reference position.


When did you decide to be a librarian, and what did you go to school for?
I started working at the circulation desk and got interested in my senior year, so kind of late.  I love working in the library and finding information!  I decided to take that extra step and get the degree--Master of Library and Information Science.


What's it like being part of a mixed student/adult staff?
It is different from my usual experience working in a public library setting. I like it. It brings back my college years working in the library.


What's your dream job?
I do love working here, but I would love to be a public librarian full-time.  Right now I'm working here at Concordia part-time, and also over at the Dale Public Library part-time.


What's your favorite part of your job?
I love helping people with the research for a paper!  Just helping someone is a good feeling, and I like meeting and talking to the students as well.


What is your favorite book?
I have many favorite books!  One of my favorite is a children's book, The Rainbow Fish.  I read it to some kids for a class assignment and had a lot of fun!

Interview conducted by Jackie Martini, the CSP Library's social media student worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. As soon as your comment is approved it will appear on the site.